The last of the turkey is going into the Crock Pot to make a delicious and healthy soup today! I shredded the leftover turkey meat and stuffed a leg and two wings into the pot. I added zucchini, yellow squash, celery, carrots, green beans and onions. A Can of diced tomatoes, 4 cups fat free low sodium chicken broth, 4 cups water, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, 2 bay leafs, 1 tsp red pepper flakes,1 tsp nutmeg, salt and pepper. Later, I’ll remove the turkey bones and skin and add a cup of brown rice pasta right towards the end. Then this soup will sit over nite in fridge and be our lunch for the next couple of days at work!
- 10 Unique Leftover Turkey Recipes | The Family Kitchen (blogs.babble.com)
- Recipe: Turkey and Peppers Hash (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- “Monday meal: Four ways to make soup from Thanksgiving leftovers” and related posts (bleedingheartland.com)
- Recipe of the Day – Leftover Turkey Potpie (friendseat.com)
- Turning Kitchen Waste Into Something Sublime (thesimpledollar.com)